Thursday 14 October 2021

Capricornus

Last night's sky at 10.40pm. Jupiter, Saturn and the crescent moon were all roughly aligned on the same straight ecliptic line. When I enhanced the image digitally, I was surprised that I could make out the faint stars which I would not be able to see with my naked eyes. My little camera could, even though the lens was only an ordinary standard zoom lens. It was the constellation of Capricornus. As the major stars are not that clear on this blog, I've drawn lines to connect them together. Tonight, the moon will be even closer to Saturn and when tomorrow night comes, it will be close to Jupiter. By then, it will be almost impossible to make out the Capricornus stars as the brighter moon will over-shine them!


The same picture without the lines! Can the faint starts be seen without guidance?



No comments: