Tuesday 2 May 2023

New BM hawker centre

I went into the old part of Bukit Mertajam this morning, thinking about having a nice breakfast of koay teow soup, but found the shop closed. What the heck, I muttered to myself. As I started walking back, I noticed that a side alley, which had been closed off for several months, was now opened. and very nicely cleaned up too. 

That side alley had led to the lane beside and at the back of the Tua Pek Kong temple that had been fully restored after a devastating fire a few years back. Curious as to the condition of the back lane, I wandered through and was visibly impressed to see that the area had been turned into a spick and span morning food court. 

I'm sure that some of the old hawkers who had been affected by the fire had moved back to these stalls. I tried to locate one of the old coffee stalls, the proprietor used to serve me his delicious kopi-o, but was unsuccessful. What I discovered were two koak kak stalls frying away practically next to one another. I can't imagine how the stalls had been allocated to them.










No comments: