Saturday 14 October 2023

70 is the new 21

My "young" classmate celebrated his latest coming of age at the beginning of this month and I was invited to his private dinner together with a few other old mates. Seventy is the new 21, remarked one of them to us through social media chat yesterday. Today's story looks back on that joyous occasion and on behalf of my mates at the dinner, let me wish Leng Kooi a Happy 70th birthday. (PS. We were born a year apart. I'm actually still 68-plus as my 69th birthday is only next month. We were both at Westlands Primary School but our paths only crossed in Penang Free School.)


Leng Hock (left) is one of Leng Kooi's brothers. He was also from Ban Hin Lee Bank, having joined in 1980. I think he was a bit surprised to see me at his brother's birthday bash.



No comments: