Wednesday 24 January 2024

A Tesla moment

Since last month, a friend here has been driving around in a Tesla. I had the privilege to be driven in it recently. You see, both of us together with many other friends were at dinner in Gurney Drive and I had to leave a bit earlier in order to collect my car at a car park some distance away. This friend offered to drop me off as he was heading in the same direction, Who was I to turn down such an offer, especially when there was an opportunity to slide into a Tesla? 

The first thing I noticed was that the interior was very minimalist. Except for the steering wheel. all I could see was a black monitor on the dashboard. When the car was switched on, everything bit of information and control appeared on the touch screen. There's voice recognition too. In place of the engine compartment, there was a second boot. But of course, this was an electric car, right? No engine noise. The only sounds were our voices and the music pumping out from a very decent audio system. Two amplifiers and two sub-woofers, I am told. By sheer coincidence, his car number was the same as mine. Now whenever I drive my little Viva around, I can't help thinking about his Tesla 😝


No comments: