Tuesday 20 August 2024

Neat droppings

I posted this picture on my facebook this morning. The neat arrangement of droppings from a large caterpillar. It was on its way to pupation and seemed quite lethargic. I didn’t have the heart to remove it from my Adenium obesum or desert rose plant as it would be a shame to deny it the chance to transform into a butterfly or moth at this late stage of its crawly life. So, I left it undisturbed, hoping that by tomorrow, all that remained would be some old clues that it was even here. What alerted me to its presence this morning were the large droppings on the ground around my flower pot, varying in size. A quick scan of the leaves revealed this two-inch monster. I also spotted two juvenile green caterpillars munching away on the leaves, but they are no longer there....



No comments: