Wednesday 10 October 2012

Still learning about photography

I've still got a lot to learn about photographing forests and trees. My pictures generally turn out to be a mess of confusion. A whole mess of confusing greenery interspersed with brown. Like, for example, I went up the Bukit Mertajam Hill at Cerok Tokun this morning and couldn't come back with a decent nature scenery. Up on the hill, I gave up after a while and decided to concentrate on some close-up photography. That was much, much better.

This turned out to be the best of the scenery shots with the Fujifilm Finepix F500EXR. I slowed down the shutter speed to the maximum two seconds, propped the camera on a rock and allowed a two-second timer to take over. Still not completely satisfactory to me, though. It is such times that I wish to own a proper DSLR camera and a tripod.

Fiddled with the panorama feature on this camera. I wanted to capture the vast expense of destruction along the hill track beside the stream. I don't know how long ago that the trees fell down and blocked the path across the stream but it took some careful steps over the trunks and branches to get over to the other side. I wonder when will the forestry people do something to clean up the mess.

Sticking to close-up photography was more fun. At least, I could control what I snapped. And the following pictures showed how nice the greenery could be. I won't say much because they are all green leaves...

...and green leaves....

...and more green leaves....

...and yet more green leaves...

...except for this holey one...

...and this one too.

This is the bark on one of the trees.



No comments: