Thursday 1 March 2007

Threesome

I met some inconsiderate drivers/motocyclists on my way to work today.

Firstly, when I turned out into Jalan Kulim, an old man on a motorcyclist immediately in front of me suddenly stopped his bike in the middle of the road. Reason? He wanted to wave to a driver in an on-coming car. I had to apply an emergency brake and hope that the car behind me would do the same too. The nerve of this old man. Doesn't he know that he is a menace to society, doing what he did? I gave him a big tootle on my horn. And glared at him.

Next, along the busy Jalan Baru, a rascal in a car sweetly swerved from the kerb into my path without even giving a damn whether there was any vehicle behind him. Another menace to society. And another recipient of a big tootle on my horn. Gave this chap another withering glare. He was apologetic.

Finally, along busy Jalan Bukit Gambir, there's this car travelling so slowly in the middle of the road. Hey, c'mon .... surely you know that you should be on the left lane, not the innermost lane? This old man - yet another one - was so oblivious to the queue behind him, so everyone began overtaking him on the left lane.

No comments: