Monday 26 March 2007

What rubbish!

I've just returned from a short trip to Kuala Lumpur where I discovered two diametrically opposite faces of the city.

While we are all so accustomed to seeing the relative cleanliness of the well-trodden public places, it is what you don't normally see that is appalling.

For example, from the relative cleanliness of my room at the Radius International Hotel ( a comfortable three-star hotel that provided me with the basic amenities - I really can't complain about this), I could see across the road at all the rubbish on rooftops, discarded by irresponsible people living in adjacent high-rise buildings. Just take a look at this picture:



And this one too:


And the residents in this run-down building in Jalan Alor are definitely some of the obvious culprits. Nobody else.

No comments: