Sunday 8 April 2007

Pos Malaysia

I've a bone to pick with Pos Malaysia.

Last Mar 31 during lunchtime, I was at their outlet in TESCO, Penang, wanting to pick up a 75-sen stamp. What did I see? A group of about 15 to 20 people hanging around Pos Malaysia, some standing and some seated. All looking rather bored and silly, actually.

I walked up to the only counter opened (three were three, but only one was manned to handle customers) and asked the chappie whether this was the counter to buy stamps. Without batting an eye, he said yes but I'll have to take a number and queue up like everyone else.

I was stumped. Taking a number just to buy a 75-sen stamp? What would I have to do to buy a 30-sen stamp? Take two numbers??

Anyway, meekly I went to press the Butang A and the little slip of paper fell out. My jaw dropped again. Another 16 people ahead of me? At the Tesco branch of Pos Malaysia, where traffic is considerably high, there is only one staff to handle customers during lunch hours? And you know what people generally do at post offices, apart from buying stamps...they don't hang around for a teh tarik. They weigh their parcels, send off registered letters and Poslaju letters, buy postal and money orders, transact on their Bank Simpanan accounts, pay their utility bills, what not...

Gee, my 75-sen stamp pales in comparison with these lofty activities. No wonder I've really got to wait in line in that one long queue, waiting for others to complete their business before I could buy this little miserable 75-sen stamp. Maybe, I should have gone for the teh tarik first...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

erm u dont go out for lunch when u work?ppl working at pos are also normal human beings,they need a break time too.whats wrong wit dat?at least they r not closed for the hour..i went to tesco post office few times, and i understand that i do not haf to queue if i want to purchase a stamp cos there is a notice pasted..u shud open ur eyes big big n stop blaming them.