Thursday 21 June 2007

Penang - view

I was on one of the top floors of that purple building at the junction of Pangkor Road and Northam Road recently. I don't know why people want to paint their buildings purple in the first place. It's an absurd colour.

Now, this building is the one with that nice little bungalow next to it. The bungalow is Hardwicke House and it is actually part of the whole commercial block. In my opinion, the bungalow is rather out of place amidst all the high-rise buildings around it but the developers had not knocked it down when they built this towering block because they "wanted to conserve it as a Penang heritage building". Maybe there's more to it than this reason I've been hearing, but I don't know.

Anyway, I was up on the 13th floor to snap some of the most impressive photos looking towards the Kelawei Road direction. I had not realised until recently that the rows of apartments and commercial buildings had made the area so built up and it actually looked very impressive! Like a garden city! Here's what I mean:

No comments: