Tuesday 10 July 2007

Ultraman

Apart from the new vegetation on the hill slope and the fresh coat of paint on the unfinished house, did anyone notice anything different in the two photographs yesterday?

No? Well, there is something very different indeed. Let me first enlarge a part of the photo I took in August last year. A very ordinary bungalow indeed. Almost like a holiday villa set amidst a lush tropical forest setting.

In April this year, I took this photo of the same bungalow. Nothing seemed to have changed. Still the same, idyllic holiday villa to be admired from far and near.


But then, earlier this month, I noticed that something DID change. If you look closely at the compound of the bungalow, it looks as if there are some new, permanent occupants there.


Here's a tele-photo shot from the Equatorial Hotel. See what I mean??


Wazzat?? I was curious, especially so when one of these "new occupants' was blocked by the palm leaves. So, during one of my drives along this road, I stopped the car and crossed the road to peep into the compound. And what did I see?


Ta-dahh!! The ULTRAMAN statue must have been at least 10 feet tall. But why Ultraman and not some other super-hero role models to choose from? My only guess is that the owner of this bungalow, or maybe his children, is a BIG FAN of the Japanese super-hero, or what?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is sooo coool!!!!!

Must be a spoilt brat :P