Saturday 11 August 2007

Lost in KL

I've been away a few days and no, I did not enjoy getting lost in Kuala Lumpur. My misadventures while driving on KL roads can probably fill a few postings but I'm not going to say anything much.

Sigh...travelling around KL even with a comprehensive road map can be such an ordeal. The one thing I can say about road maps is that they are never totally accurate, even that one inch-thick tome. But luckily, I could still remember some of the old landmarks around the city. It helped me a lot while I got from Point A to Point B although in the process, I had to go through Point C, Point D, Point E, Point F, etc etc etc....

Anyway, I'm back in Penang for a few days. But I shall be driving down to KL again this Friday. It's my annual visit to the Malaysia Chess Festival at the CitiTel MidValley except that this time, I have an extra duty to accompany my son to Maju Junction for the Malaysian Yo-Yo championship. It'll be another busy weekend of driving but I hope to leave my car at the CitiTel MidValley's carpark and take the KTM Komuter and monorail services to our destinations. I really don't need that kind of stress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perfectly sensible choice to take the train and monorail. Especially on a weekend!