Thursday 27 September 2007

Similarities

Here I am, sitting at home and surfing the Internet for more news about what went on at Putrajaya yesterday and what's still going on in Rangoon, and I'm dumbstruck by the visual similarities. The photos from Rangoon were taken from Ko Htike's blog but the ones from Putrajaya were copied from various sources and I'm sorry to say that I forgot where I saw them originally...

I believe in the long term, nothing we experience here will ever compare with the bravery of the Burmese monks and people in facing up with the military tyranny in their land. They may still not win this round but they have my deepest respect. After all, when soldiers have no qualms about shooting live bullets into crowds, you simply have to respect the people's desire for freedom.

Hard heads guarding the Sule Pagoda in Rangoon (left)
and the Prime Minister's office in Putrajaya (right).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are different but similar, if u know what i mean.