Thursday 29 November 2007

Doing that "fun" thing in Tupah

A dream scene from Lord Of The Rings? No, it's just the Tupah Forest Park in Kedah.


According to an ex-bank colleague, Tupah is very popular with the locals in the state but in all honesty, I hadn't heard of the place until about two weeks ago. Even a search through my maps and atlases failed to locate it. But I've been there and I am totally taken in by the stream that flows through the park.

I resorted to googling Tupah and guess what ... yes, Tupah is popular with the locals alright but for the wrong reasons. Apparently just a few years ago, a couple was caught on film doing what came naturally to them...that "fun" thing. And it wasn't an isolated incident.

Pretty soon, I hope to make another trip to the Tupah Forest Park. An innocent trip, mind you, and not for any "fun" thing. Perish the thought! But I'll be making this trip only after my ex-colleague gives me the directions to go there. Honestly, I've forgotten how to get there except that I've to exit from the Sungai Petani North inter-change on the North-South Expressway.

No comments: