Monday 24 December 2007

Long night moon

I took these photographs at about 11.15pm last night. The first picture was taken with my camera, the Dimage z5, set at automatic with full zoom. As you can see, the Long Night Moon was very bright. I was surprised to catch the dark shadows on the moon. Does this remind you of the moon rabbit?


In this second photograph, I decided to see my camera to manual mode. The aperture was opened at its fullest (3.5 f-stops) while I set the shutter speed to about four seconds. I made sure to brace myself against a wall for support again hand shakes. I was lucky with this shot because the rest turned out blurry. What's nice about this shot was the tiny, weeny dot of light in the lower right of the picture. You'll need to look very closely to see it. It's clearer if you click on the picture to download a larger resolution. At this exposure, the moon looked really bright.

No comments: