Sunday 23 December 2007

Not worth the time or money at Gaya restaurant


My family and I were at the Gaya beach restaurant at the Paradise Sandy Beach Hotel in Tanjung Bungah, Penang yesterday evening, partaking in their weekend buffet dinner.

There's just one word to describe the experience: disappointment. I don't think we will ever consider coming here again. Most of the food was either cold or unpalatable.


Cold dishes: the chicken bratworst, beef, otak-otak, sticks of satay, flower crabs. Even the roast lamb and chicken wings which the restaurant had a grill to warm up the pre-cooked meat. I don't know what sort of planning went into their menu but I'm surprised they can't even do a reasonable job over an open fire.


Unpalatable dishes: the kembong fish was dry and tasteless, the broccoli and cauliflower dish was tasteless, the ice cream was soft and gooey.


Passable dishes: the cream of mushroom soup, pasta, the salad and the desert items.

That's all I can say about the food they served last Saturday night! It's not worth the time or money spent on the Gaya beachside restaurant at the Paradise Sandy Beach Hotel in Tanjung Bungah, Penang.

Verdict: Three thumbs down

Afterthought: This was not my first experience at this hotel. I've just remembered that when I ate breakfast at the hotel earlier this month, the fried beehoon was very salty, giving speculation that the cook must have washed the beehoon in the free sea water.

1 comment:

Jeffrey Chew said...

Hello...you should have swung over my apartment for a better dinner. Wat lar you!