Monday 3 December 2007

Penang food hunt 2007, part 2

There were very few photos taken of the food hunt, principally because I was in the driver's seat, so I shall show you only these shots:


Above: at the briefing before the start of the Penang Food Hunt 2007


A sea of red. The organisers requested that participants dressed up as red as possible and it was complied 100 percent by all. We really painted the island red from Tanjung Bungah to Gertak Sanggul, Balik Pulau, Ayer Itam and George Town!


I got the opportunity to flag off a few cars and that's because JobStreet.com was one of the media partners for the event


And awaaay we go! Myself in the driver's seat, Yew Tuck as the navigator, and both Chia Lih and Junior in the team as well. So look out for Car No: 69


Yew Tuck. At first, he was a bit reluctant to pose with the lady. Or the coffee cup. Or both. But in the end, this made a nice shot. Kind of reminds me of the Handiplast advertisement.


And these are my two other partners in the event, Chia Lih and Junior, at the New World Park. At first, I left them there to figure out the clues but they finished everything so fast that I had to double back and fetch them for the trip to Gertak Sanggul. The objective: to search for an obscure Malay restaurant selling mee udang.


Well, we discovered the place after some hard searching and asking for directions. Promptly sat down to order one of the best mee udang mee rebus that we had tasted for a while. Here above, you see a plate of mee rebus filled with all the prawns from our order.


Have we done justice to the prawns or not, you tell me! My greedy partners all went for seconds and ordered a plate of nasi goreng each. Me? I just sat to watch them shove everything down the hatch. Wow, they sure could eat! Incredible!


At the closing ceremony the day after the food hunt. This isn't a photo of my team. Somehow, in the excitement, we didn't manage to get a group photo of everybody together. Shucks! My team didn't score too well in the second and third legs of the event. We got some right results but mostly wrong.

2 comments:

Jeffrey Chew said...

Alamak...how come the guru of food can't make it in the home ground?

TZ said...

Winning is not the most important... the most important is that you have fun with your friends :->

I enjoy the treasure hunt kind of games... some brain teaser and of cause lots of fun along the way.