Sunday 2 March 2008

Opposition talking!

I woke up this morning to find that someone had texted me a picture from an opposition ceramah last night at the Han Chiang Indoor Stadium in Penang.

It was supposed to be one of the biggest opposition rallies ever organised during the run-up to the general elections this Saturday and there were speakers from both the Democratic Action Party (DAP) and the Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR).

I think that's Jeff Ooi at the rostrum but if you squint closer, you may make out the presence of Lim Guan Eng and the other DAP party leaders behind the speaker. Don't seem to see Anwar Ibrahim among them. Perhaps he left early? Can anyone confirm this?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anwar Ibrahim left early. He was of the early speakers before Jeff Ooi. I was there the whole night through.

Anonymous said...

Anwar Ibrahim left early. He was of the the early speakers before Jeff Ooi. I was there.

Anonymous said...

Same here...I enjoyed every bit of it ...now ..jom ubah!

Jeffrey Chew said...

From left to right:

Liew Chin Tong (DAP Bukit Bendera)
Ng Weng Aik (DAP Komtar)
Danny Law (DAP Batu Lanchang) and
Chow Kwon Yeow (DAP Tanjong)

Anwar & Guan Engleft earlier, and Jeff spoke after Liew spoke

TZ said...

Just wondered when is this ceramah took placed? I was in Penang last week... Just missed the chance to listen to the candidate speech.