Friday 28 March 2008

Wishful thinking....?

I despair every time I read such news. Already, we commuters are faced with so many obstacles whenever we use the Penang Bridge. Jams are so regular that on a good day, it already takes me an hour to travel from Bukit Mertajam to Bukit Jambul, or vice-versa. Now, it seems that the travel conditions will be getting worse, at least for a month.

It is utterly ridiculous for Penang Bridge Sdn Bhd to ask us to limit our travel across the bridge 7am-9am and 5pm-8pm. That's when we are travelling to and from work. As if our working hours are flexible. As if we are our own bosses.

Penang Bridge, you make such unreasonable requests. So, can I ask something from you in return? Can you waive the bridge toll for one whole month? After collecting the toll for the past 20 years, I think this is the least you can do. Can you forego one month's collection to make up for the hardship you are continuing to cause us? Can you? Please?


No comments: