Thursday 29 May 2008

Bah Kut Teh

I've just found out that we - my family, of course - had travelled 908.2 kilometres in three days. My cousin took us to Serdang for Bah Kut Teh, not the best in the Klang Valley, but we had to make do with this restaurant as her first-choice lunch spot was closed on Sunday. Funny that a restaurant should close on a day that any other restaurant would gladly open!

Anyway, we drove left, right, right, left, left, left, right, right. left, right. right ...... Ah, well. I really can't remember how we turned. I only remember following the back of her car, turning right when she signalled right and turning left when she signalled left. Of course, I congratulated her for getting me lost (after thanking her for the lunch AND returning us to her house.)

Luckily, I love Bah Kut Teh and I loved the Huge and Chunky version at this restaurant. I really don't mind getting lost again IF I can ever find this place again. But then, I have to go right, left, left, right, left, left, right again which is a BIG hassle for this dish.



There's a tamer version at the Cititel Hotel at MidValley where we had brekkie the following morning. Only difference is that instead of pork, it's pieces of chicken. So the hotel coined a new name for this: Chik Kut Teh.

Okay, lah. It's edible enough. But it's nothing like the real strong, original stuff!

No comments: