Friday 9 May 2008

Bridge jam at 6.40am??

What the hell? I was caught in a traffic snarl on the Penang Bridge this morning. At about 6.40am, traffic came to a near standstill at about the 4.5km mark and cars were all slowly inching forward towards the midspan.


And the jam only cleared after we reached the 6.6km mark at about 7.10am. That's about half-an-hour to travel a two-kilometre distance. The cause of the jam? This stupid lorry. It's back doors must have flung open and the ice-packs fell off. When I passed by, workers were still fiddling with the packs of ice.


I was lucky that the jam only cost me about a 30-minute delay. My colleague who crossed the bridge half-an-hour after me was stuck for almost two hours with the queue starting way before the Penang Bridge toll plaza.

No comments: