Tuesday 6 May 2008

Bye bye, common cold!

Normally, by about this time every year, I would have succumbed to at least two bouts of the common cold or influenza. But for this year, touch wood, I haven't yet. I attribute this not to my good luck but to the anti-influenza jab that I had resolved last year to take.

More than six weeks have passed since I had the jab. I've been to the cold of Laban Rata; I've been out in the rain climbing the BM Hill. Thankfully, I'm still alright.

So, if you are like me, always susceptible to the common cold and influenza, I would readily recommend you to see your doctor and take the anti-influenza jab. You may feel a little under the weather the day after the jab but it should not alarm you. It'll just be your body's immune system reacting slightly to the 'flu culture.

No comments: