Tuesday 20 May 2008

Cristiano Ronaldo: Magic 7 (Part Three)

Will he leave after the Champions League?


"I was born with my ability. The stepover, for example, is something I did as soon as I started in my first teams. I used to play football in the street when I was a boy, and every day I tried to do different things. I always tried to invent new dribbles, new moves. Things would come into my mind and I'd try them. I think this attitude stayed. I always looked to have my own identity. That was my dream.

"In those days, it was always against older, much bigger, boys. I suffered because I had good ability and I dribbled a lot, and suddenly I'd be pushed or tackled hard and I was out of the game. Sometimes when I tricked them, they didn't like it. They beat me sometimes. But it never stopped me being the player I am. I've always had a strong personality, because when a defender tackles you hard or challenges you mentally, you can't show weakness. You have to try and get over it and beat them with the ball."


No comments: