Friday 23 May 2008

Not your everyday pet hamster

Eek! The word was out. Someone saw a Meek playing hide and seek around in the office. That was on one of those Thursdays not so long ago. So a trap was laid in the office that evening.

As you know, I come to the office extra early on Friday mornings. Guess what greeted me when I switched on the lights. Meek himself.

Yes, a big fat Meek, caught in the trap that was laid for him. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, come here and meet Meek. From whiskers to tail, I reckon it measured about nine to 10 inches. The eek's gone out from Meek. Life's in the office has returned to normal.

BTW, in case you are curious, "Eek & Meek" was the name of a comic strip by the late Howie Schneider which ran from 1965 until 2000. Eek and Meek began as two mice but they began morphing into human shapes in 1982. "Eek & Meek" appeared as a syndicated comic strip in a local daily but I can't remember which one.

No comments: