Sunday 11 May 2008

Sunday morning coming down

I've just tidied myself up after coming down from BM Hill and I thought of sharing these three pictures. First two are of fungi found along the hill trail. The fungi growing on the tree trunk make a very impressive sight, don't you think so?



The last time I saw a millipede this big was at Tiger Hill. I never expected to come across a similar one at BM Hill so you can imagine my surprise when this one came crawling towards me on the tar road as I was walking down. Nope, it isn't dead. It just stayed very still after I kept agitating it. I had hoped to make it curl up into a ball but it refused. It continued thrashing about until suddenly, it became very still. Long enough for me to take this photo before I removed it to the side of the road.

No comments: