Thursday 26 June 2008

Penang monorail and PORR projects shelved

Late last night, I was surfing to the Malaysiakini site when I saw news that the Penang island's outer ring road and the monorail system has been shelved. But then I'm a bit puzzled why this news should anger the people of Penang.

Okay ..... perhaps there will be people who will be disappointed, angry even but chances are, there are more people who will be relieved that the monorail system will not take off. Although I do not stay on the island any more, I do not want to see such monstrosities moving about on elevated tracks.

As for the outer ring road, I do have mixed feeling on this project, although certainly not anger. I suppose it will be nice to be able to travel from the Penang Bridge to Tanjung Bungah in double quick time but not at a cost of paying high petrol prices and the high tolls to use the road.

No comments: