Wednesday 25 June 2008

Red tape?

I blog because I like to write. I've been bitten by the writer's bug since primary school when I took part in a writing competition. For an 10-year-old kid in that distant past, attempting a 10,000-word essay was a very daunting challenge. Of course, I never won anything. Not good enough. But I tried, nevertheless.

I know how hard it can be to search for stories. Sometimes, you hit a brick wall when you are unable to find something. Or prevented from finding something. So I know how the journalists from the mainstream press had felt on Tuesday when they were prevented from moving freely inside the lobby of Parliament House, the building that is supposed to represent freedom and democracy, to do their jobs.

These photos were borrowed from various blogs or news websites. It's red tape at its worst. It smacks of bureaucracy. It's short-sightedness on the part of the joker who ordered that this be done.

What, lah!

Wong Chun Wai's blog - New Malaysia

Symbolic. Cameras left on the floor of the House lobby. Sorry, no idea where this photo is from, but it could be the New Straits Times



No comments: