Wednesday 2 July 2008

MP3 walkman

I bought this for my wife recently as her birthday present. She's delighted with her new toy. It's easy to use, so she told me, unlike a previous model that I gave her as a temporary measure while I went quietly in search of her present.

I was considering various brands, including Creative, Samsung and Apple's ipod Shuffle, but where value for money is concerned, I settled finally on the 2Gb Sony Walkman NWD-B105F which seemed to be the best alternative. Good vibrant sound too, as befit any Sony product.

Now she is happy and I'm happy. Please give me a pat on my back.

Psst. Don't tell her this but I almost screwed up the toy two days ago. I plugged it into the computer, hoping to transfer some music files when suddenly .... I seemed to lose all the files and the computer couldn't detect the player. Tried all sorts of methods to recover the player but the computer kept asking me to reformat it. Finally, I gave in and reformatted the damn thing. Luckily, its working now but obviously, I lost some programs and a PDF file that first came with the player. Ah, well, they are not that important. What's important is that my wife can continue using it and I don't have to transfer more files to keep her happy for the next, what, two weeks?

No comments: