Wednesday 20 August 2008

No more conscience in the party

As you can see, I'm still trying to catch up with events in Penang in the last few days when I was away from home. My latest entry: the exit of Dr Toh Kin Woon from the Gerakan Party. I heard about it on Monday at about 6pm. I got a call saying he had resigned, that he would no longer be involved with the party to enable him to carry on with his own work and research.

Dr Toh, I salute you. Among all the people in the Gerakan and by extension, the Barisan Nasional, you were the only politician I knew personally who dared to stand up for the inequalities in the country when all others dared not do so. Though there was little that you could do in the face of obstacles, you continued to speak up. It was all the truth that you said, and the people in Penang are not blind to you.

I'll glad to have known you from the days at the Penang Chess Association.

No comments: