Wednesday 3 September 2008

Google's Chrome on MacBook

Well, I've managed to install Chrome on my MacBook and this screenshot shows how it looks like:


Of course, I'm not supposed to be able to do this because Google said that a Mac or Linux version of Chrome is not available yet. But hey, it won't stop anybody with the Parallels program on their Macs from installing Chrome inside their Windows XP or Vista, right?

True to Google's style, Chrome is very minimalist. Where are all those dropdown menu items? I miss them. And the bookmarks? Oh, there's a little folder icon in the top right corner. It says "Other bookmarks." It's a great paradigm shift after using Internet Explorer and Firefox but I'm sure the menus won't be missed before long.

Now, I'm wondering whether Chrome has beaten the record set by Firefox 3 as the most downloaded program within a single day.....

P.S. Light blue. I still don't like this colour!

No comments: