Wednesday 15 October 2008

Borders Penang

I dropped by Borders this afternoon and promptly went to their music section. I was shocked.

Last April, the shelves were stacked with compact discs of all genres of music.

Today, more than half the shelves were empty. Reminded me of Old Mother Hubbard. The compact discs were mostly gone and there won't be any replenishment.

I asked the counter what was happening? Is Borders Penang planning to shut down their music section? The answer is yes. They are clearing their stock.

They are offering a "Buy One Free One" while their stock lasts. If you are looking for bargains, now's the time to rummage over what's remaining. I tell you, there are still a lot of gems there. Imported CDs going for a steal.

I managed to pick up these two imported items for a grand total of RM71. Great bargain, in my opinion! The Nice - The Essential Collection is a double-CD set while The Traveling Wilburys boxed set holds two CDs and a DVD. Actually, I'm quite glad that I did not buy these two same sets from the MPH bookstore at MidValley on Sunday. I would have really kicked myself.

1 comment:

Josette said...

Wow, they are clearing their music section??? Probably not much sales generated from there. I wanted to buy some CDs but they didn't have the selection that I wanted, which is quite surprising. I believe the music section in Borders is the only music store in Queensbay. Isn't it??

Hopefully they won't shut down the whole bookstore though!!!