Saturday 25 October 2008

Photo Archive: Ban Hin Lee Bank sport day

Nope, this wasn't me, but I was the one behind the camera. The moment was one of the early Ban Hin Lee Bank sport days in the 1980s. In an effort to modernise and expand, the bank started to employ new people. We were all in our twenties or thirties and we had lots of energy which the bank thought fit to channel into wholesome recreational activities like sport meets.

This was one such occasion at the city stadium. Like I said, I was behind the camera and in those days, I had no qualms to jump into (dry) drains or climb a tree just to get the shots I want. And I particularly liked this shot. It was one of my luckiest moments. It froze Thoy Yew Lam in the air as he sailed across the long jump pit. Caught him at a critical moment in full concentration and muscles straining, and everything in sharp focus.

No comments: