Tuesday 16 December 2008

Bridge traffic congestion? An over-exaggeration...

I think it was an over-exaggeration when the newspapers reported of heavy congestion on the Penang Bridge yesterday during the trial run of the tidal flow system there.

When I passed through the the toll plaza yesterday morning at about 8.15am, I actually found the traffic flow to be rather smooth before reaching the toll plaza. Nothing out of the ordinary. Cars were queuing up to pay the toll but that was normal. And it's true that there were traffic controllers at hand to halt traffic about 300 metres from the toll plaza and then allowing the vehicles onto the bridge in batches but there were no sign of vehicular queues that stretched for 2km from the directions of Seberang Jaya or Juru.

So okay, maybe the blardy system did not work upon it's implementation at 7.30am yesterday. Maybe there was some chaos at the start. Perhaps there was a lack of communication between the traffic controllers and policement. But by the time I used the bridge, I didn't see "thousands of users...caught in the morning rush hour."

BTW, this morning, there was no sign of the tidal flow system. I didn't see any traffic controller. I didn't see any vehicle queuing before or after the toll plaza. In fact, all I saw were some policemen booking an errant driver. That was all...

1 comment:

TZ said...

Bridge congestion again! Aiyo... must be very painful moment for all the penangnite.