Wednesday 18 February 2009

Power of the mind

The power of the mind surprises me. I had never thought that I could experience it but I did. What happened was that for the second time in a month, after having had a random, fleeting thought about someone whom I'd not met in a long while, I would soon meet him shortly afterwards.

Before the Chinese New Year holidays, the name of an old chess friend that I had not met for about 10 years came to my mind. He's still with Singapore Airline but he was back for the holidays. I bumped into him at the Kuan Yin temple in Pitt Street.

And today at tiffin, I met an ex-colleague from my Ban Hin Lee Bank days at a coffee shop in Bukit Jambul. He's still in the Information Technology line but I haven't seen him for about four years. His name had suddenly crossed my mind about a week ago.

Strange that I could meet them under such extraordinary circumstances. More than a coincidence?

1 comment:

Jeffrey Chew said...

Nothing surprising...Penang is getting smaller lar ... and of course you are getting more famous.