Tuesday 17 March 2009

Popping pills

Since yesterday afternoon, I have been under a cloud. It started with a mild headache which grew worse as the afternoon went on. But I survived through the night despite a raging neck ache and a pain that enveloped my back muscles. So this morning, I made my way to the doctor's and she loaded me with lots of medicine. Since returning from the clinic, I've been sleeping the whole time, waking up only for my lunch. At least now, I'm well enough to do some updating on the blog. I took a real close look at my intake of pills today and wasn't surprised to see:
1 light blue, beige capsule (ponstan),
1 pink tablet (paracetamol),
1 small white pill (motilium),
1 elongated white pill (dhatrin),
2 small elongated pink pills (dexchloramine),
1 small white pill (myonal),
1 small white pill (methylcobal),
2 dark yellow pills (vitamin C),
1 small white pill (plendil),
1 elongated orange pill (enervon),
1 translucent capsule (fish oil),
1 elongated white table (glucosamine),
1 blue, white capsule (consulf)
Not to mention too that I was given half a bottle of cough mixture to soothe my throat and allow me to continue warbling like a bird. And some of the pills, tablets, capsule ... I have to take them two or three times a day. All in, I'm full of medicine and supplements today. And to think that I'm not even a hypochondriac! With all these fortifications, I hope to be able to pull meself off the bed tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

stephen said...

Thats quite a concoction you have.Aching muscles ,joints,blood pressure,runny nose etc.
I'd lay off ponstan if i can,does more harm than good.
Get well soon!!