Wednesday 15 April 2009

Mongolian rice

Whenever my colleagues and I go to the food court at Sunshine Square, the chances are very good that one of us will settle for this plate of food comprising a bowl of rice drenched with an unknown sauce, a fried egg, a dollop of vegetables and a choice between fried chicken or fried fish generously topped with the stall's signature sauces.

With tongue-in-cheek, many people don't refer to it by its rightful name, Mongolian Rice. Nope, nobody also calls it after Altantuya, the poor girl who was murdered and then blown up with C4 stuffed in her mouth. That would be so dishonourable. So what is it called then? I shall leave it to your imagination. First one to get it right can come and see me. I'll belanja you a plate of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ns favourite ??