Tuesday 5 May 2009

Aboo Sittee Lane

I was surprised to find such houses still tucked within George Town today: doubled-storey structures with the lower floor of brick walls and the upper floor of plank walls.


Of course, this one has long been abandoned. Wooden crates blocked the entrance into the compound and I had to push them aside in order to go in and have a look. I peered into the interior. Yes, definitely abandoned.


And this is how the exterior of the upper floor looked like. Still a lot of detail in the old woodwork.


Further down the road, this house was still in a livable condition.

1 comment:

Gasman said...

QSS,

If I'm not mistaken, it is the old Sim Kongsi and also home to Hock Thiam and family. K Yong and I used to have great fun doing things which young teenage boys enjoyed those days. Zero cost entertainment,H. Thiam being the organiser.

Regards,
Kok Hin