Monday 25 May 2009

Orchid repotting exercise


This was my orchid plant before I repotted it. As can be seen, it was in a rather pathetic stage. Half of it was alive and thriving but the other half had dried up and was quite shrivelled.


So I cut the plant into two and dumped it out of the pot. Carefully, I separated out the two halves and gave the good part a wash. I think it really needed that, to rid itself of the accumulated dirt. I also washed the stones and charcoal bits before I reused them.


Here's the rescued half of the plant. Looks almost as good as new. I'll be putting it aside for a few days to allow it to recover from the ordeal. And I hope it will rebloom and reward me with a nice batch of new fragrant flowers.


This is the old dried up portion of the plant. Quite a reluctance to throw it away but I know that it is dead. I've had some others like it before too.

No comments: