Sunday 10 May 2009

Weekend interlude

I was looking through my records yesterday and pulled out two albums by Jim Reeves. I had almost forgotten how velvety he could sound until I spun these records on the turntable.


Oddly, about the only memorable song I could remember from Reeves was He'll Have To Go form Skeeter Davis' album, Here's The Answer.


The one common thread running through all these albums was the name of Chet Atkins. But not only was he already an established producer, he was a notable recording artiste in his own right.

2 comments:

stephen said...

Ahhhh... memories.Gentleman Jim Reeves,songs from a bygone and golden era.
My all time favourite is still Marty Robbins- amazing voice and great songs that put a tear in your eye-what a great loss, he passed on too early.My woman,my woman ,my wife is a fav of mine.
My other favourite singer is Ronnie Milsap.
Nothing like spending a cool sunday evening with friends.

stephen said...

I wonder if you have the song "have you ever been lonely" by Jim Reeves and Patsy Cline in the records you have.Love that song.Very smooth vocals.Heard it on the radio once and fell in love with it.