Monday 22 April 2013

The Everly Brothers


Before I lose grip of my senses during the run up to the General Elections, I'd better retreat briefly into my little world and enjoy a spot of music on my hifi system. Just dug up this album which had remained in storage for a very long time.

Wow, I couldn't have imagined the amount of dust and dirt on the records if I had not seen them myself. Anyway, after cleaning up the four sides of this double album, the sound was perfect! I would believe that the original sound was in monaural but for the purpose of this album, the engineers had electronically rerecorded the tracks to simulate stereo. Good job.


Side 1: Bye Bye Love, Problems, Let it Be Me, Maybe Tomorrow, Be-bop-A-Lula
Side 2: Bird Dog, Love Of My Life, Keep A-Knockin', Leve my Woman Alone, A Brand New Heartache
Side 3: Wake Up Little susie, Like strangers, Rockin' Alone, Long Time Gone, All I have To Do Is Dream
Side 4: Til I Kissed You, Poor Jenny, Should We Tell Him, Lightning Express, Rip It Up


No comments: