Saturday 26 April 2014

Samplings from the Penang World Music Festival 2014


I went unprepared to the first day of the Penang World Music Festival at the Penang Botanical Gardens a fortnight ago: I had not cleared up the old images in my camera, and thus the memory card was short on storage space. Often, this left me frantically deleting the old images and videos on the spot in order to accommodate the newer ones. But I was still grateful for being able to capture some video snippets of a few of the performances. Here they are:

The modern gamelan orchestra comprising students from the Tengku Abdul Rahman Secondary School in Nibong Tebal, Province Wellesley, Penang.

South Africa's Carlos Dje Dje performing African Children with guest guitarist Darren Rozells from Penang.

Guinea's N'Faly Kayoute and his tribal musical instrument known as the kora.

Oh, and here's one more video clip. Although it wasn't taken by me, I just have to share it here. It features a group of local musicians who called themselves La La Li La Tam Pong.


No comments: