Wednesday 12 February 2020

Penang get-togethers


A very busy day for me yesterday. First, it was a timsum breakfast with some of my ex-colleagues from Ban Hin Lee Bank. Incidentally, we all live on mainland Province Wellesley, which makes it easier for us to get together. So we spent something like two hours there at the timsum shop, together with a long-time former customer of the Bukit Mertajam branch of the bank. Mr Hor is his name, and he is 82 years old (or young).

Then later in the day, I drove out to The Old Frees' Association for a Chinese New Year dinner with my old schoolmates. Another feisty occasion with flowing beer and wine. Naturally, enjoyed myself a lot too with my old mates. Curiously enough, some other schoolmates were also having a CNY dinner in Kuala Lumpur.

Timsum breakfast at the Chao Zhou Restaurant in Bukit Mertajam with ex-colleagues from my banking days. Left to right: Tan Seong Lye, special guest Mr Hor, Wooi Siew Phew, Tan Heng Boo, Ng Fook Chin, Wong Hionh Wah, Koh Seak Chin, Wong Yuen Chee and myself
Chinese New Year dinner at the OFA Restaurant with my old schoolmates, some with their partners. But basically, the batang-batang in this picture were, seated around the table from left to right, Wong Chye Chye, Cheah Swee Poh, Ooi Kah Theang, myself, Andrew Choong, Lim Teik Wah, Sim Hock Thiam, Leslie Lee, Sanan Buranakol and Wong Hang Yoke, with Sukumaran and Ho Siang Juan standing at the back.


No comments: