Friday 14 February 2020

Tambun (tausar piah) biscuits



When I was having the get-together with some of my old schoolmates earlier this week, one of them brought out packets of tausar piah or tambun biscuits for all of us. Said that these were from one of his friends. Not selling in the open market but being baked on a small scale for people who wants them. But methinks, this was just to test the market before the tausar piah is launched.

I found the biscuits to be well made. The pastry was very light and fluffy and the filling was delicious. More flavourful, in fact, than the more commercially available ones from the likes of Him Heang, Ghee Heang, Ban Heang and all the other Heangs in Penang. Only drawback was that it was rather sweet. For me, anyway. And it means that I can only take one tausar piah per day. If the bakery can cut down on the sugar, I'm sure it would still taste all right. I have passed my feedback to my old schoolmate. I hope it will be taken constructively. 👍👍


No comments: