Friday 26 June 2020

astro upgrade


Received a call from an unknown number a few minutes ago. Turned out to be someone from astro trying to tell me something about my decoder box. Spoke in Bahasa Malaysia like a bullet train. "Hold on, hold on," I interjected, "can you speak in English?" So he tried, gamely but appallingly. And suddenly, a female voice cut into our conversation. It turned out that astro was trying to upgrade my present decoder box to an ultra model, whatever that was.

So what's the benefit to me, I asked. Firstly, it's free, she replied. Secondly, it would enable me to record up to 1,500 movies from astro whereas my present box only allowed 200 movies. That's great, I told her, but I haven't even recorded a single movie on my decoder box. Why should I want to upgrade? Well, she replied, it will give you the capability if you want to. Almost sold me on this reason alone but wait....I've one more question.

And will I need to extend my contract with you, I asked. I know their tricks, you see. I was hoping that she'd say No but she said Yes. Yes, she replied, your contract will be extended by two more years. Mmm, thanks but no thanks. It's a good try, astro, but I don't want to record movies from you and I certainly don't want to be tied down to another contract.



No comments: