Sunday 7 June 2020

Paying for inefficiency


Have I ever received so many letters in a single day? Not until yesterday. I do check my letter box on a daily basis and I was surprised to find it filled yesterday. Took me some effort to pry in out from the back of the box too. And what did i find? Thirteen letters pushed through the letterbox slot. It can't be that the letters were all timed perfectly to arrive on the same day. Too much of a coincidence.

The only explanation I can think of is that the postal authorities, Pos Malaysia, are not doing their jobs properly. They have slacked. Why do they have to accumulate all the letters and then deliver them all at once? That's pretty insane. What if there happens to be an urgent letter that awaits delivery? And they have the gall to complain about not doing well and facing all sorts of competition from the courier service companies. Well, if Pos Malaysia continues with this flawed strategy, there is no more hope for them.

Not to say that the courier companies are beyond reproach themselves. Last month, I sent off a letter by courier service to my daughter in Petaling Jaya, and it took a week to arrive. Granted that the Hari Raya holidays fell midst during the delivery period, it should not take seven days to deliver a simple letter. It was all very inefficient and expensive. Talking about paying for inefficiency!



No comments: