Thursday 12 November 2020

J&T Express and the grand old Duke of York

Heard this nursery rhyme before? It's called The Grand Old Duke of York, and it goes like this:

The Grand Old Duke of York,
He had 10,000 men,
He marched them up to the top of the hill,
And he marched them down again.

And when they were up, they were up,
And when they were down, they were down,
And when they were only half way up,
They were neither up nor down.

The reason why I'm mentioning a nursery rhyme today is because I've just experienced a craziness that almost on par with the situation above. Yesterday, I bought something through Shopee from a seller located in Simpang Ampat. That's barely 15 kilometres from where I live. I could have gone to collect my stuff directly from him but no, Shopee requires him to send the merchandise to me by courier. In my case, it was to be J&T Express, which picked up the parcel from the seller yesterday. 

I've been tracking the merchandise the whole of today and expecting it to be delivered. To my consternation, I saw this happening on the tracking website:

From the J&T Kota Permai hub, the parcel went to the J&T Penang gateway. Then, from the J&T Penang gateway, the parcel found its way back again to the J&T Kota Permai hub. and now, it is sitting pretty in their storage there presumably waiting to be picked up for delivery tomorrow. Why did J&T Express waste a day in moving my parcel from Kota Permai to Penang and back? Why couldn't they make a simple decision to deliver today, not tomorrow, from their Kota Permai hub? The mind boggles.


No comments: