Saturday 28 August 2021

Homecoming


My aunt used to call him Chuan Sin Koo. Not that he is a Chinese but because of his dexterity with a football. She wasn't a football supporter but somehow, liked to watch games that featured this Chuan Sin Koo fella who could twist his body left and right to bemuse other footballers on the field and score goals with unusual ease. Well, my aunt is no longer around but Chuan Sin Koo is back with his original team. I'm sure she would be very excited.

It has been a very significant few hours even in Penang. At 11.20pm last night, I alerted a friend in Kuala Lumpur that an imminent announcement was about to be made at Old Trafford. Then I fell asleep. Woke up this morning to discover that while I was asleep, Manchester United had been busy. A deal had been agreed with Juventus to bring the now 36-year-old Cristiano Ronaldo back to the stadium where he gained his superstar reputation. 

I was sufficiently moved to wake my wife up and tell her the exciting news that my aunt's Chuan Sin Koo was back. I've never done that before and I doubt that I would have an excuse to do it again. So let me make the best of this opportunity to say Welcome Home, Cristiano Ronaldo, Welcome Home, CR7

No comments: