Wednesday 3 November 2021

Lunch in Kuala Kurau

It was our first sojourn out of Penang since the lifting of the pandemic restrictions last month. There was a scheduled drive to Nibong Tebal to deliver some stuff and we took the opportunity to continue across to Kuala Kurau in Perak. It was a very short trip from Nibong Tebal: not more than a 45-minute drive to our destination for a hearty meal.

To begin with, we ordered a plate of fried prawn rolls which we found to be much nicer than the ones sold typically in timsum restaurants. I glanced at the next table and saw two senior citizens enjoying a pot of fresh seafood cooked in a rich coconut milk curry. We must have that! And so, I wandered around this seafront Kean Seng Lee coffee shop and found the stall. No crab for us, I told the cook, give me just the prawns and sotong. Finally, I made a short walk to order my regular fried prawn omelette. Together with a bowl of ice kachang, the meal cost us not more than RM60. A happy meal, indeed!






No comments: