Saturday 12 February 2022

KN100 surgical particulate respirator

Due to this current surge in the omicron variant, I've turned to using this KN100 surgical face mask (correct term is particulate respirator but I'll simply call it a face mask for short) for protection whenever I'm out to certain crowded places like the morning wet markets and shopping malls. I own two types of this mask: the coloured version has an anti-viral copper oxide coating that is meant to neutralise the virus upon contact with the mask. Otherwise, the other type is simply white without the coating.

Both these Cnitizer-brand KN100 face masks are a marked step higher in quality than the regular KN95 face masks that have flooded the pharmacies and online shopping websites. The mask is locally made but has earned certification and accreditation from this independent laboratory in Malaysia known as My Co2 Sdn Bhd

How many mask manufacturers do you know that are unafraid to display their lab test results on their products for public scrutiny? Not this KN100 face mask manufacturer! I see those lab test results on every box of their surgical face masks, and I feel very reassured every time because all the laboratory test results consistently surpass the recommended international standards. 

The three specifications everyone should be aware of are the Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE), Particulate Filtration Efficiency (PFE) and the MPPS (Most Penetrating Particle Size). In these areas the results for this particular KN100 face mask came out better than the specs. The Differential Pressure gauge or breathability is also important to me as I would want to know whether I'd feel comfortable wearing the mask for long periods. I do not feel uncomfortable, although I would still recommend removing it when you are breathing in a safer space, for example, if you are alone in your own car.








No comments: