Monday 4 April 2022

Wedding get-together

I forgot to mention last month that some of us Old Farts had a mini-reunion of sorts when we attended a wedding dinner. It was really good to see them again after the pandemic had kept us all apart for at least two years. For me, it was longer because I keep the evening functions to a minimum due to increasing difficulty in trying to drive at night-time. But I made it an exception for Kah Theang, the groom's father. I wouldn't miss it for the world! So there we were at the Wembley St Giles Hotel in Magazine Road on the 20th of March. There were supposed to be a maximum six persons at each table but unfortunately, two others couldn't turn up because they had tested positive for Covid-19 a day earlier. This virus can be a bummer indeed!

I look at this picture and marvel how we are all pushing towards 70. Oon Hup and I are probably the babies in this group. We are presently 67+ and I'm the taiko by six days. But I know that some others here will be touching 69 come later this year.

Seated left to right: Chye Chye, Hock Thiam, Kok Yong and Thuan Chye. Standing left to right: Oon Hup, myself and Choi Choon.


No comments: